2020 Camp Details
- Low camper to coach/instructor ratio: 10 campers and 1 coach.
- Players grouped by age and ability
- Equipment to Bring: Players should supply their own gloves, cleats, bat and a helmet and wear baseball/softball attire (baseball pants recommended), Mask
- Facility: Ridgefield Outdoor Recreation Complex
- Medical Protocol: Bring your participation waiver completely filled out. In case of an emergency, requested contact will be notified immediately
- Parents or visitors will be able to drop off and stay (with 6 foot distancing) if state and local guidance has reached a gathering capacity beyond Phase 3. If Phase 3 is current guidance parents/visitors will not be able to stay and watch camp. We will send drop off and pickup instructions prior to camps.Parents or other visitors may only come to camp if Phase 4 is active and 6 feet distancing is adhered to. Face coverings are mandatory for all parents or visitors for duration of time at the camp.
CAMPER SAFETY PROTOCOL
- Campers will wash hands/hand sanitizer upon entering the park, after using the restroom, after sneezing or blowing nose or coughing, Hand-washing/sanitizing stations will be set up at the park.
- High touch surfaces, and equipment are sanitized between camp days
- All campers remain in predetermined groups of no more than 10 and stay within preassigned areas in the park. Campers/groups will be encouraged to maintain 6 ft distance from other campers and staff.
- All campers/Coaches required to wear masks or face coverings when they arrive at park
- Children of any age should not wear a face covering if they have a medical condition that makes it difficult for them to breathe with a face covering
- Campers are divided into groups by age and ability of no more than 10 with one staffer/coach
- Ridgefield Outdoor Recreation Complex will be divided into sections, limiting contact between groups.
- Spitting and shaking hands/high fives are prohibited.No seeds, shells or gum allowed
STAFF SAFETY PROTOCOL
- Staff will be given training on COVID-19 facts, cleaning/sanitation and safety prior to camper arrival.
- Staff wears masks or face coverings at all times in the stadium.
- Staff will maintain 6 ft. distance between campers and staff and monitor campers’ adherence to social distancing.
- Staff will wash hands during sanitation breaks with soap and water for 20 seconds: upon entering the park, after using the restroom, after coughing, sneezing or blowing the nose
- Staff and campers will be reminded of the importance of respiratory etiquette as outlined below:
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or elbow;
- Throw any used tissue away immediately into a garbage receptacle; and
- Clean hands after covering coughs and sneezes, and after throwing away used tissues.